[NovaFuture Blog Exclusive Mix]: Janne Tavi plays Ibadan RecordsOctober 20, 2016
Artwork is based on a photograph by Marie Staggat
About the concept:
Running a mix series we always thought about doing more mixes but with a different approach. The first series is some kind of normal mix series with newcomers and well-known artists. So what can we do?
We didn’t want to split our mixes into genres or say “this is a newcomer mix and this is from a star”. So some day we got the idea to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they wanna use for a mix.
That’s what the concept of this mix series is: the selected DJ/mixing artist make a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers) or released on a label (and its sublabels).
For the first part of our series we invited the young guy Janne Tavi, who works for Ibadan Records, and for sure his mix contains Ibadan and Apotek tracks.
About Janne Tavi:
For Helsinki-born, Rome-based DJ and producer Janne Tavi, is a newcomer and rising star on the techno/house horizent. His future begins now – his bright light was just seen by the guys from New York-based Ibadan Records.
Tavi’s musical journey began with his appetite for all things techno. What started as a fascination over time evolved into a stunning acumen for the turntables and a broad range of electronica. As his involvement in electronic music deepened, he was eventually scouted by Jerome Sydenham, who took him under his wing and gave him access to the scene. As part of his undergraduate studies, Tavi made a break for Berlin where he spent the last few years paying his dues, working under the mentorship of Jerome Sydenham and Kerri Chandler, soaking in musical knowledge, and completing two business degrees while manning the back office at Ibadan Records. Nowadays he is responsible for A&R and Marketing for Ibadan Records and its imprints.
About Ibadan Records:
Ibadan Records is an independent record label and also home of other labels such as Apotek Records and Avocado Records. Founded in 1995 by Jerome Sydenham, Ibadan carries on the legacy and continues to be a groundbreaking tastemaker deeply rooted in the influences of colorful New York life as represented in the range of our repertoire. You can always expect nothing but the highest regard to quality.
Listen & Download:
“Janne Tavi plays Ibadan Records”
01. Dennis Ferrer – Jero (EFX)
02. Jerome Sydenham & Dennis Ferrer – Jero (Extended Version)
03. Radio Slave – Absolute Absolute (Jerome Sydenham Remix)
04. Macroism – Drone (Jerome Sydenham Remix)
05. Spin & Flow – Universal Rhythm
06. Jerome Sydenham – Disciple Trail
07. Lo Hype – All Alive (Jerome Sydenham Retouch)
08. Jerome Sydenham & Kerri Chandler – Beat Down
09. Basement Jaxx – Jaxxapella 5 (EFX)
10. S.A.T. – The Rig
11. Toto Chiavetta – Become One (Jerome Sydenham Special Edit)
12. Kerri Chandler – Atmospheric Beats (Original Extended Version)
13. Jerome Sydenham & Dennis Ferrer – The WJ
14. Jerome Sydenham, Shinedoe – Mirror Lines (Raw Dub)
15. Carl Craig – Angel (Jerome Sydenham Special Edit)
16. Kerri Chandler – Atmosphere (Jerome’s Runaway Dub)
17. Jerome Sydenham – Bad Dog
split EP “Restless” w/ Non Reversible on Apotek Records
Human Art Agency